Saturday, December 12, 2020

Paiwan Every Day 280: mekelj

inika maqati a mekelj aken, namangilu aravac a ku cuqelalj. 

In English
I can't run anymore, I feel quite sore all over my bones. 

Glossary
  1. inika: not or no, negator (NEG)
  2. maqati: can or be able to. A synonym is makaya
  3. a: ligature (LIG)
  4. mekelj: run
  5. aken: I, 1st person singular nomiative (NOM)
  6. na-ma-ngilu: have fee sored. na- 'perfective' (PFV); ma- 'to be in the condition of'; the root is ngilu 'exhaustion, tiredness'. 
  7. aravac: very, quite
  8. a: subject case marker 
  9. ku: my, 1st person singular genitive (GEN)
  10. cuqelalj: bones
Reading

No comments:

Paiwan Every Day 668: pai

pai, kinemnemanga tiamadju tu kemacu tua ljigim nua kakinan.   Free translation : Now, they decided to take their mother's sewing needle...