Thursday, December 9, 2021

Paiwan Every Day 641/642: manusika / manasika

saqetju a ku kaka, manusika inika kasikakituluan. 

Free translation
My brother is ill, therefore he did not go to school 

Word gloss
  1. saqetju: ill, hurt
  2. a: subject case marker
  3. ku: my
  4. kaka: brother or sister
  5. manusika: therefore, so, consequently
  6. inika: not, no
  7. ka-si-ka-ki-tulu-an: to the school. kakituluan 'the place to learn' with the root tulu 'learn, teach'. 
Voice file

From ILRDF Online Paiwan Dictionary manusika


pai manasika a i taiwan mavan a ku qinaljan, uta aya aken. 

Free translation
Therefore, Taiwan is my home, so I also say. 

Word gloss
  1. pai: therefore, so
  2. manasika: therefore, so, consequently
  3. a: LIG
  4. i: in or at, LOC
  5. taiwan: Taiwan
  6. mavan: is
  7. a: subject case marker
  8. ku: my, 1st person SING GEN
  9. qinaljan: hometown
  10. uta: also, too
  11. aya: say
  12. aken: I, 1st person SING NOM
Voice file

From klokah ku qinaljan uta a i taiwan 'Taiwan is Also My Hometown'. 

No comments:

Paiwan Every Day 668: pai

pai, kinemnemanga tiamadju tu kemacu tua ljigim nua kakinan.   Free translation : Now, they decided to take their mother's sewing needle...