Tuesday, October 6, 2020

kalipang / Abao (aka aljengljeng)

 kalipang

kina au, kama au
inuan a zua a ku kalipang?
kina au, kama au
inuan a zua a ku hankaci?

uri susikudain?
uri kusitjuapen a zua a ku kinatjengelayan. 

'nakuya a tjengelay a pa’ateleng,' aya ti kina. 


Mom, Dad
Where is my bamboo leaf hat?
Mom, Dad
Where is my handkerchief?

What do you want to to with it?
I am giving it to the one I like. 

"Do not give away your love casually," says Mom. 


😃 This is a perfect match of Paiwan language and electronic music. Abao does not pronounce 'k' (kina-ina) and 'u' (azua - aza) in her Paiwan; the ligature 'a' is also missing as in real conversations it doesn't get spelt out. I love the song and the message from Mom. nakuya a paqeteleng. ui angata!

No comments:

Paiwan Every Day 668: pai

pai, kinemnemanga tiamadju tu kemacu tua ljigim nua kakinan.   Free translation : Now, they decided to take their mother's sewing needle...