Monday, April 6, 2020

Paiwan Every Day 30: qesang

COVID-19 is sad, but even sadder are cases where people kill and perish in fear of infection when the results come out negative. I am now having that fear after visiting Taiwan Highway 20 last Friday; there is phlegm in my throat.

izua a ku qesang. marekutj aken tua ljayar. 

In English:
I have phlegm. I am afraid of the flu. 

Glossary:
1. izua: there is
2. ku: first person singular possessive "my"
3. qesang: phlegm, cold
4. marekutj: the root is "rekutj" (fear). [ma-rekutj] is to be afraid; [ma] is a agent-focus verb-
                     making prefix. 
5. ljayar: flu

Reading: 

No comments:

Paiwan Every Day 668: pai

pai, kinemnemanga tiamadju tu kemacu tua ljigim nua kakinan.   Free translation : Now, they decided to take their mother's sewing needle...