Saturday, April 25, 2020

Paiwan Every Day 49: ciqaw

I watched a second 宮崎駿みやざきはやお animation "崖の上のポニョ" or Ponyo.  A Japanese mermaid falling in love with a boy at the same age of five. Very precocious. I like the boy's mother リサ better: independent, happy, postive, and strong. そうようになりたいね。

I don't know how to say mermaid in Paiwan, but I know fish. 😄😄

tjalja tjengelaian aken a keman ta ciqaw. 

In English:
I like to eat fish the most.

Glossary: 
  1. tjalja: most, superlative case
  2. tjengelai-an: preference. The root is tjengelai 'like'. 
  3. aken: I, 1st person singular nominative (NOM) 
  4. k<em>an: eat, actor voice (AV). The root is kan 'eat'. 
  5. ta: oblique (OBL) case marker 
Reading: 

No comments:

Paiwan Every Day 668: pai

pai, kinemnemanga tiamadju tu kemacu tua ljigim nua kakinan.   Free translation : Now, they decided to take their mother's sewing needle...