Thursday, April 16, 2020

Paiwan Every Day 40: ripung // remipungan

I just returned from my Japanese class. This language has found its way into Austronesian languages such as Paiwan in Taiwan. Besides, there are also tons of historical materials in Japanese about Taiwan's indigenous peoples, just like archives produced by the Dutch VOC. These are good reasons for me to study the language.

uri macaqu aken a remipungan a ikai. 

In English: 
I want to learn to speak Japanese.

Glossary:
  1. uri: want to
  2. macaqu: to be able to
  3. aken: I, 1st person singular nominative (NOM)
  4. r<em>ipung-an: speak Japanese, actor voice (AV). The root is ripung 'Japan', loanword from Japanese にほん日本. 
  5. ikai: to speak
Read: 

No comments:

Paiwan Every Day 668: pai

pai, kinemnemanga tiamadju tu kemacu tua ljigim nua kakinan.   Free translation : Now, they decided to take their mother's sewing needle...