Friday, January 1, 2021

Paiwan Every Day 300: lami // pulami

Happy New Year!! 

I've reached my goal of making at least 299 Paiwan sentences since I started in March 2020. Yeah! 😀😀I thought of making some changes. However, since I am getting into this personal exercise and there's still a lot vocabulary to learn, I figure it will be better to stick to the same rhythm and challenge myself with yet another 365 Paiwan sentences. GO!!

2020 has been a difficult year. I pray that in 2021 despite of all, we will emerge positive with a big smile!

paulan tu napulami itjen tucu a cavilj. 

In English: 
(May God) have pity on us so that we have a great harvest this year. 

Glossary:
  1. paula-(a)n: pity us. 
  2. tu: complimentizer (COMP)
  3. na-pu-lami: to have a good harvest. na- 'perfective (PRF)'; pu- 'to get or obtain'; the root is lami 'food'. 
  4. itjen: we inclusive (INCL)
  5. tucu a cavilj: this year. 
Reading

From inasaljinga on klokah.org. 

No comments:

Paiwan Every Day 668: pai

pai, kinemnemanga tiamadju tu kemacu tua ljigim nua kakinan.   Free translation : Now, they decided to take their mother's sewing needle...