Sunday, May 3, 2020

Paiwan Every Day 57: palalaut

Pastor Ljumeg is like Professor Shigehiko. Her Paiwan is so advanced and elegant. Even if it will take me a lifetime to master the language of my mother and grandmother, I am doing it. That's my commitment; that's my prayer.

kitulu aken tua pinaiwanan kemasi tucu patje a palalautanga, amin. 

In English:
I am studying Paiwan from now until forever, amen.

Glossary: 
1. kitulu: the root is "tulu" (study, learn). [ki-tulu] means to study, actor voice.
2. tua: phrase marker for the patient/object
3. pinaiwanan: the root is "paiwan" (Paiwan). [p-in-aiwan-an] means the language Paiwan.
4. kemasi: from
5. tucu: now
6. patje: until
7. palalautanga: the root is "palalaut" (eternity). [palalaut-anga] means forever; the suffix -anga
                          usually indicates a perfect voice.

Reading: 

No comments:

Paiwan Every Day 668: pai

pai, kinemnemanga tiamadju tu kemacu tua ljigim nua kakinan.   Free translation : Now, they decided to take their mother's sewing needle...