Friday, May 1, 2020

Paiwan Every Day 55: saladj

Team is important. A good team makes the work more worthwhile for not only will the work be done, but team members will also become better motivated and prepared for new challenges here or elsewhere. Capacity building, so it is called.

It takes a good leader to build such a team. I received a call this evening in which the caller was persuading me to take up my previous role again. For them, I am the one. I said it will not happen soon, but it will. I promise.

tjengelai aken ta ku saladj a masengseng i ILRDC. 

In English: 
I like my colleagues at ILRDC.

Glossary: 
  1. tjengelai: to like
  2. aken: first person singular nominative 
  3. ta (tua): oblique phrase marker for a common specific noun
  4. ku: my, genitive personal pronoun
  5. saladj: partner, pal
  6. masengseng: the root is "sengseng" (work, make). [ma-sengseng] means work, actor voice.                              ** saladj a masengseng: colleagues at work
  7. i: in or at, locative preposition
Reading: 

No comments:

Paiwan Every Day 668: pai

pai, kinemnemanga tiamadju tu kemacu tua ljigim nua kakinan.   Free translation : Now, they decided to take their mother's sewing needle...