Saturday, May 9, 2020

Paiwan Every Day 63: quras

Cousin is getting married tomorrow, so I have to go home. To keep relatives' and villagers' grilling to the minimum, I scheduled a beauty massage, bought new Paiwan-style clothes, and had my hair dyed. Mostly, I just don't want people to gossip about the way I look behind my back and make mother sad. I begin to care.

pequras aken ka tjelu a puluq a ku cavilj.  

In English: 
My hair started to turn grey while I was thirty.

Glossary:
  1. pequras: the root is "quras" (grey hair). [pe-quras] means to grow grey hair, actor voice. 
  2. tjelu a puluq: thirty
  3. ku: first person singular possessive my
  4. cavilj: year
Reading:

No comments:

Paiwan Every Day 668: pai

pai, kinemnemanga tiamadju tu kemacu tua ljigim nua kakinan.   Free translation : Now, they decided to take their mother's sewing needle...