Thursday, July 22, 2021

Paiwan Every Day 502: aladji // pasaladji

aladji: never mind, don't bother, it makes no difference

saladji. 
pasaladji. 
saladji a kemim. 

Free translation:
No, I don't want to. 
No, I don't want to. 
Forget i, don't bother trying to find it. 

Word gloss:
  1. sa-(a)ladi or pa-sa-(a)ladji: I don't want to. 
  2. a: LIG
  3. k<em>im: find, AV. The root is kim 'find'. 
Voice file

From Raleigh Ferrell's Paiwan Dictionary (1982), p. 56. 

I heard pasaladji often, especially when mom's trying to talk me out of some stubborn thoughts. Yet, I cannot find in other dictionaries. This is weird. 

No comments:

Paiwan Every Day 668: pai

pai, kinemnemanga tiamadju tu kemacu tua ljigim nua kakinan.   Free translation : Now, they decided to take their mother's sewing needle...