Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Paiwan 618/619: kasiv

neka nu kasiw i tjumaq. 

Free translation
There is no wood [for burning] in the house. 

Word gloss
  1. neka: no, not, NEG
  2. nu: your, 2nd person PL GEN
  3. kasiv: tree, wood. My dialiect is kasiw
  4. i: LOG
  5. tjumaq: house
Voice file

From ILRDF Online Paiwan Dictionary kasiv


kakudralananga a kasiw a kusinitalem kakakedrian aken

Free translation
The tree I planted when I was young has grown really bigger/taller. 

Word gloss
  1. ka-kudral-an-anga: to have become bigger or to have grown. ka...an 'principal manifestation of'; the root is kudral 'big'; -anga 'change of state, COS'. 
  2. a: subject case marker
  3. kasiv or kasiw: tree
  4. a: LIG
  5. ku-s<in>i-talem: planted by me, undergoer voice. ku- 'my, 1st person SIN GEN'; si- 'instrument  focus'; the root is talem 'to plant or grow'. 
  6. ka-ka-kedri-an: be young. The root is kedri 'small'. 
  7. aken: I, 1st person SIN S
Voice file: 

From ILRDF Online Paiwan Dictionary kasiv

No comments:

Paiwan Every Day 668: pai

pai, kinemnemanga tiamadju tu kemacu tua ljigim nua kakinan.   Free translation : Now, they decided to take their mother's sewing needle...